RK Mentor Office
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RK Mentor Office

A place for the mentoring teams of Renaissance Kingdoms to work together and discuss ideas.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

1st Personal Letter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

1st Personal Letter Empty
PostSubject: 1st Personal Letter   1st Personal Letter Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:48 am

Greetings, !

My name is Bevin and I get to be your personal mentor during your first few weeks in RK. You should have already received a Welcome letter from the Chief Mentor giving you some basic information about the game and how to survive. I would like to take it a bit further and let you get to know me a little. First, I have been in the game for over a year. I was “born” in Lanark and moved to Ardencaple several months ago. I think Ardencaple is a great little town, and the people here are friendly and helpful. I hope you get a chance to meet some of us in the coming days.

I’m currently a level 2, working my way up to level 3. There are only 4 levels in this game, and currently, level 4 is reserved for a privileged few, so for practical purposes, there are really only 3 levels that everyone can attain to. You are currently at level 0. The Welcome letter told you what you need to reach level 1: 5 reputation points and at least 90 pounds for your first field. I’d like to give you a few more pointers.

1) EAT EVERY DAY. At this level, you can save a little money by going on the bread-corn-bread diet. This is where you eat 1 bread (2HP) one day, 1 corn (1HP) the next day, then repeat the cycle. You will still be hungry on the 1 corn days, but you’ll save a little money and you have not stats to lose, so it will help you reach level 1 a little bit sooner.
2) If you know, or even suspect, that you won’t be able to log into the game every day for a period of time, put your character into retreat. This will allow you to live and not die. You don’t gain anything, but you don’t lose your life either, and that is very important! How to retreat?
a. Click on “Church”, then the “Retreat” tab, and click “Go into retreat”. You can stay there for several weeks if need be, but it’s best to check on your character every now and then to make sure he/she doesn’t get purged from the system for being inactive for too long.
b. When you are ready to come back, go to “Me”, then select the “My character” tab. You should see a button there to come back from retreat.
3) Once you’ve saved the recommended 120 pounds to level, contact the mayor and find out what types of fields the town needs. This helps insure that the town has everything it needs without too much of any one item. It also insures that you have a better chance of selling your harvest. So whatever is best for the town will in turn be best for you.
4) For your first field, do NOT choose animal ranching. Pigs and cows are expensive to maintain and can die on you. For a first time field owner, stick to wheat, corn or veggies. Your mayor can help direct you in the right direction. Later on, if you choose to purchase a second field, you may want to consider changing your first field to either pigs or cows and making your second field wheat, corn, or veggies, but you can worry about that down the road.

OK. Let’s say you are ready to level. You have your 5 Reputation points and 120 pounds. You’ve talked to the mayor and have decided what kind of field you want. Now what?

1) First, make sure you have at least 90 pounds in your personal inventory
2) On the main game screen, click on “Bailiwick”, then “Meet the Count’s First Secretary”
3) Follow the instructions you see there and be sure to select the field you want
4) The change won’t show up until after reset the day you level, so be patient

Enjoy the game! Let me know if you have questions. Unlike the Welcome letter you received, you can actually reply to me directly from this letter. The link is just below my name. See you soon!

At your service,

Bevin
Back to top Go down
https://rkmentors.forumotion.com

1st Personal Letter
Page 1 of 1