RK Mentor Office
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
RK Mentor Office

A place for the mentoring teams of Renaissance Kingdoms to work together and discuss ideas.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Auto-Generated Letter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Auto-Generated Letter Empty
PostSubject: Auto-Generated Letter   Auto-Generated Letter Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:47 am

Hello and Welcome to RK!

My name is Bevin and I am the Chief Mentor of Ardencaple. Let me start by first welcoming you to Renaissance Kingdoms. You have been “born” in the town of Ardencaple, County Glasgow in Scotland. The year is 1457 and you are now part of a very unique community, a game in which you can become involved as little or as much as you would like. I am a staunch believer in asking questions, so if you wish to know something, please ask. There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers. I will try to avoid giving you those!

It is the job of the mentoring team to ensure you understand how to play the game and to help you with any questions you may have. Over the coming days, you will be assigned with a personal mentor. This person will guide you until you reach level 1 and have harvested your first crop. They will mail you that they are your mentor, and will be looking for your reply. I ask you to read all of this if you can. If it's too long to read in one sitting, please save this and read it through later. After a couple of weeks, this message will be DELETED automatically.

You may contact me via in game (IG) mail. This is done by clicking the MY MAIL tab on the left of the screen. Once you do that click on the COMPOSE A MESSAGE link on the bottom right. Enter my character name, Bevin, into the ENTER THE RECIPIENTS NAME square. Do not forget to enter the security code at the bottom of the window or else the letter will not send. Another way to catch me is to visit the taverns. Taverns are a sort of chat room in the game, and a great place to meet the friendly folks of Ardencaple. Most of the citizens of our town will be happy to answer questions, buy you an ale, or give you Trust Points. Just let them know you are new and don’t be shy!

Okay, let us get down to basics. When you first arrived in RK, the king granted you £50 and two loaves of bread. This will be your main staple food throughout your time here with us. You need to consume 2 hunger points (HP) per day to thrive. One loaf of bread gives you 2 HP. One corn gives you 1 HP, so you would need to eat 2 corn to get the full HP you need to thrive. You will see other food on the market and in the taverns, but DO NOT purchase these at this level. They are expensive because they provide stat points, but you don’t need that yet. Right now focus on getting yourself up to level 1.

To get to level 1 you need to achieve two things. You need 5 reputation points, and have 90 pounds to purchase your first field. First, let’s talk about Reputation points. At level 0, which is where you are, you can get a maximum of 3 Trust Points (TP) from other players. Go into the taverns to meet other players. Ask them for trust points. Each player gets 2 TP to give away every Sunday, and so long as they still have TP to give away, anyone would be happy to help you out. The other 2 reputation points you get from working at the church. On the main game screen, click on “Church”, then click “Work at the church”. You get paid 5 pounds per day, which isn’t much, but you do have 2 loaves of bread and 50 pounds to carry you through. Get the church work out of the way first. You’ll need to work there for 2 days to get the 2 reputation points to add to the 3 TP from players to give you the total 5 points you need to level.

After your 2 days at church, work the mines, please! We need people in our gold mine. Go to “Out of town”, click the “Works” tab, and click on the Gold mine. Currently the mine wage is set at 16.15. This is a two-tier payment : you will receive half the following morning and the rest on Sunday morning. This is a good way to save up for your field, too. You need 90 pounds to purchase your first field; however, I recommend saving at least 120 pounds so you can buy food, hire a worker and buy what you may need on the market. Your workday ends at reset every day. This is at 3am GMT or 10pm EST (for the US people). Reset lasts about 30 minutes to an hour most days.

Your personal mentor will be available to walk you through the process of leveling and anything else you may wish to know about in this game. One last point about the game. RK is, more than anything, a Role Playing game. What you see on the game screen are simply the mechanics of the game. The real “meat” of the game occurs in the forums. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the forums. To find them, click on “Forums and Rules”, then click on “Go to the forum with your player account …” There are two forums, but start with just the first one. Again, your mentor will be available to answer any questions you might have. I think I have covered everything you need to get started, but if you have more questions feel free to contact me. Once again welcome to Arden and RK and have a fun time!

At your service,

Bevin
Back to top Go down
https://rkmentors.forumotion.com

Auto-Generated Letter
Page 1 of 1